Email marketing is the act of sending promotional messages to people in mass quantities. Email marketing is the digital marketing process of communicating with an audience via E-mail. It is the process of using email as a sales channel. Email marketing is still ranked as the most effective marketing channel, beating out social media, SEO, and affiliate marketing. When done correctly, email marketing can be a highly effective way to communicate with customers. Around 4 billion people worldwide use email. no matter who your target audience is, chances are you can reach them through email, making email marketing relevant to nearly all industries. According to the Content Marketing Institute’s 2020 B2C Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends report, content marketers rate email newsletters as their highest performing content type for securing and nurturing leads.
Around 102.6 trillion emails are sent yearly. A joint study from Shop.org and Forrester Research found that 85% of US retailers already recognize email marketing as one of the most effective customer acquisition tactics, especially for start-ups and small business owners (SMBs). In fact, for every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return on investment is 122%. Despite the rise of social messaging apps, more than 3/4 of teenagers are still using email. In fact, they consider email a “fact of everyday life.”
Advantages of Email Marketing
- It’s a great way to build a community around your brand
- It can help you get more leads and make more sales
- It’s one of the best ways to get more recurring traffic
- It’s a way to minimize some of the risks associated with SEO algorithmic changes.
- High Conversion rates & ROI is measurable: The overall CTR across all display ad formats and placements is 0.17%, which is less than 2 clicks per 1000 impressions.
- Direct Access to Your Audience
- Brand awareness
- Customer loyalty
- Accessibility: Everyone has an E-mail
- Affordability: Email marketing is extremely cost-effective.
Disadvantages of Email Marketing
o Tough Competition
- Regulations to Navigate: There are a lot of rules governing the use of email for commercial purposes.
o Delivery and Deliverability Issues: Getting your email to land in receivers’ inboxes is not guaranteed.
Email Marketing Strategy
1. Share user-generated content
2. Personalize your emails
3. Optimize your calls-to-action
4. Connect with social media
5. Optimize your subject lines
6. Optimize Email list
7. Segment E-mails in groups of persons with similar interests
8. Run trigger-based campaigns
9. A/B Testing
10. Contests and Giveaways
11. Automize Campaigns
12. Use visual content
13. Perfectionize timing